Agenda for the special meeting of the Bowie County Commissioners Court on Thursday, July 10th at 2:00PM in the County Courthouse in New Boston, TX.
- Public Comments – public comments shall be limited to 3 minutes per presenter, who submitted a public participation form at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Comments must be pertinent to an agenda item or an area for which the Court has jurisdiction. The total amount of time that is allocated is 30 minutes for all comments.
- Commissioners Court response to Public Comments.
- Consider and take action to amend the expenditure budget to implement Budget Spending Reductions #2.
- Consider and take action develop a plan to comply with, or change, the County’s Reserve Policy.
- Discuss and take possible action concerning Local Government Code Sections 111.003 and 111.004 [see below].
- Consider and take action to develop procedures to control spending in excess of budgeted amounts.
- Consider and take action to create a page for the Financial Advisory Committee on the County’s Web Site so that committee work can be made accessible to the public.
Local Government Code Sections 111.003 and 111.004
§ 111.003. ANNUAL BUDGET REQUIRED. During the 7th or the 10th month of the fiscal year, as determined by the commissioners court, the county judge, assisted by the county auditor or county clerk, shall prepare a budget to cover all proposed expenditures of the county government for the succeeding fiscal year. Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 149, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987. Amended by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 117, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989.
§ 111.004. ITEMIZED BUDGET; CONTENTS. (a) The county judge shall itemize the budget to allow as clear a comparison as practicable between expenditures included in the proposed budget and actual expenditures for the same or similar purposes that were made for the preceding fiscal year. The budget must show as definitely as possible each of the projects for which an appropriation is established in the budget and the estimated amount of money carried in the budget for each project. (b) The budget must contain a complete financial statement of the county that shows: (1) the outstanding obligations of the county; (2) the cash on hand to the credit of each fund of the county government; (3) the funds received from all sources during the preceding fiscal year; (4) the funds available from all sources during the ensuing fiscal year; (5) the estimated revenues available to cover the proposed budget; and (6) the estimated tax rate required to cover the proposed budget. (c) In preparing the budget, the county judge shall estimate the revenue to be derived from taxes to be levied and collected in the succeeding fiscal year and shall include that revenue in the estimate of funds available to cover the proposed budget. Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 149, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.