Greet and Graze
Monday, June 11, 5:00-6:30 PM
Twisted Fork Restaurant, 5522 Summerhill Road
Visit with past Leadership Texarkana grads to learn more about the Leadership Texarkana Class experience. Join the many hundreds of Texarkana area citizens from every walk of life who are stepping up as LEADERS in WORKING TOGETHER for COMMUNITY EXCELLENCE.
RSVP to email@example.com
Applications deadline: June 23; Apply online today!
Why should you apply?
As the flagship program of LEADERSHIP TEXARKANA, the annual LT class has provided community leadership development for the advancement of our community and of all participants since 1979. Over 800 grads remain local and actively leading in all sectors.
- TOP NOTCH PARTICIPANTS: Connects, engages, equips a selected group of individuals from all backgrounds, professional levels, and all sectors (public, private and non-profit).
- EXCELLENT PROGRAMS: Year-long opportunities to understand critical issues in the development and growth of our community, including perspectives of economic development, industry, health care, education, politics, and quality of life initiatives, and the leadership capacities needed to have a positive impact.
- POWERFUL CONNECTIONS: Well over one hundred community leaders annually participate in issue-based educational sessions–a backstage pass into our region, invaluable to natives or newcomers.
- PERSONAL CHALLENGE: Each participant is challenged to personalize the opportunity for providing meaningful leadership, stepping up as citizens of influence in his/her community sphere.
BEST PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT VALUE AROUND.
WIIFY: Perspectives of Past Participants
- [LT] provides an intense wealth of knowledge about Texarkana. The information, thoughts, and visions of this organization actually help you to set a more focused compass on community and personal commitment.
- [LT] helps individuals give focus to their ideas; passions and abilities to help impact our community.
- [LT is the] organization with the best prospect of facilitating sustainable positive change in our community.
- Change can only happen when people unite time, talent and resources. …[LT ] is a great way to learn history and shape Texarkana’s future. I have gained great new relationships.
- Anyone with a passion for our community or for helping must go through this program.
- You will learn more than you can ever imagine!
Frequently Asked Questions about the LT Class
Who is Leadership Texarkana for?
Anyone who is ready and interested in personal development and in taking responsibility for making our community all that it can be. NATIVES GAIN AS MUCH AS NEWCOMERS.
WHAT is expected of class participants?
Your presence, participation and full ENGAGEMENT – during the program year, as well as beyond the program year, stepping up to take a measure of responsibility for our community’s best future.
The program kicks-off September 20-21 with an overnight retreat, followed by monthly day-long sessions on second Tuesdays from October-April; End of Year Celebration April 23.Other dates TBD.
Who gets accepted?
We are limited to 35 participants annually; not all can be selected. Typically limited to one per organization or business. Goal is to have class reflect demographics of the community… We have to make HARD choices! Acceptance is not guaranteed.
How do I apply?
Applications & more at LEADERSHIPTEXARKANA.com. Deadline for application is midnight JUNE 23. Either submit online – OR – MAIL it to P.O. Box 311, TT 75504-0311; OR hand-deliver to 1915 Olive Street. All parts of application must be received at 1915 Olive Street by 6.23 (must include all attachments: references and photo).
How much does it cost?
$750 for individuals from businesses or organizations with annual operating budgets over $250K; cost is $600 for individuals from those with operating budgets under $250K. Scholarships are available, however, there are no full scholarships; Numbers and amounts are based on applicants and requests.
Application Deadline: June 23